BIFMA Membership Dues Policy
• BIFMA "regular member” dues are based upon
a company’s total domestic (North American) and export shipments of office,
business and institutional furniture, including ready-to-assemble and home
• Product categories (as defined in the association by-laws) include, but are not limited to, seating, desks, storage units, tables, files, systems furniture, conference room and library furniture.
• Design, method of manufacture, price point, distribution channel and targeted market segment have no bearing on whether a product fits the aforementioned description.
• A Member Company is considered to be all affiliated companies controlling, controlled by, or under common control of the member company. The dues category is based upon total aggregate shipments of the Member Company and all of its affiliates.
• BIFMA’s fiscal year runs from June 1 through May 31 of the following year. A company can join BIFMA International at any time during the association’s fiscal year upon payment of a full years dues.
• A company can join the association at any time during the association’s fiscal year. All new members pay for a full year of dues on the date they join, followed by an interim billing on their 1-year anniversary date based on the months left to the next fiscal year schedule beginning on June 1. Thereafter, membership renewal billings cover the regular fiscal year.
• Membership dues may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. BIFMA International estimates that 10% of your dues are not deductible as a business expense because of lobbying activity.
4/25/2017 » 4/27/2017
GC3 Innovators Roundtable