BIFMA Membership Services:
- Standards development and maintenance of office furniture product safety and performance standards.
- Input into the development of international product standards.
- Monitoring and influencing the application of national codes.
- Summary statistical data on North American commercial furniture industry performance is available to all members. More detailed statistical data is available to contributing member companies.
- Data on international office furniture markets.
- Advocacy with regulatory agencies and legislative bodies.
- Resources on issues and regulations affecting the workplace.
- Industry promotion to customer groups.
- Interaction with related trade groups.
- International trade relations and trade delegations.
- Leadership conference for senior level management.
Rewards & Benefits of BIFMA Membership
Regular membership is for any business primarily engaged in design, development, marketing, and fulfillment of office and institutional (healthcare, education) furniture in North America. Regular membership dues are based on annual sales of office and institutional furniture as outlined in the dues schedule contained in the downloadable application form referenced below.
Supplier membership is for any business primarily engaged in supplying goods, parts, or components to the office and institutional furniture industry in North America. Supplier member annual dues are based on annual sales to the industry. See the application form referenced below for details.
Service membership is for any business primarily engaged in providing services to the office and institutional furniture industry in North America. Service member annual dues are a set annual fee as stated in the application form referenced below.
International membership is for any person, partnership, or corporation engaged in the manufacture of, or international commerce in, office or institutional furniture, other than those qualified for regular, supplier, or service membership. International membership dues are a set annual fee as stated in the application form referenced below.
Please Note - BIFMA membership and conformance with BIFMA testing standards are separate and independent issues. Membership does not require nor imply that the member’s products have been tested to, or conform with, BIFMA standards.
How to Join:
We appreciate your interest in the BIFMA organization. Please download the appropriate form, complete the information, and submit it per the noted instructions. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Regular Member Form
Supplier Member Form
Service Member Form
International Member Form