MEETING – SEPT. 14, 2016
HERMAN MILLER MARIGOLD LODGE
1116 MARIGOLD LANE, HOLLAND, MI 49424
1:15 PM OPEN MEETING
1. Introductions of members and guests – Jim Groulx of Allsteel (Chairman)
2. Antitrust Statement – Dave Panning of BIFMA
3. Review and approve previous meeting minutes from March 9, 2016 - Jim
4. Additions to/approval of the meeting Agenda – Jim
5. Flame Spread - ASTM E84 vs. Canadian S102
· Proposal for Canadian Panel Systems Standard CAN/CGSB-44.229 to point to ANSI/BIFMA X5.6
· Industry Position Paper – Consultant Tony Crimi
6. California TB-133 -
· Position Paper – Fire Safety of Upholstered Furniture Products
· Updates regarding Boston
· Communications with California to remove TB-133
· Burn chairs per TB-133 and other scenarios
7. California TB-117-2013 & SB-1019 Label Law -
· Transition discussion – All
· BIFMA Memo Dec. 15 regarding SB-1019 Documentation Requirements
8. California Barrier Research Project (open flame)
· Status per BEARHFTI Advisory Council
9. CPSC Proposal for National Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard -
· BIFMA position paper sent to CPSC in April 2016.
· AHFA-led coalition petition for a national smolder standard
· ASTM E1353 to be revised to match TB-117-2013? Or new ASTM?
10. NFPA 277 Proposal for Flaming Ignition Standard for Upholstered Furniture -
· BIFMA comments submitted Dec. 23, 2013.
· BIFMA public comments submitted Dec. 22, 2015 following an ANSI PINS
· BIFMA plans to protest if NFPA submits a draft standard
11. Should BIFMA create an ANSI Furniture Flammability Standard?
· ANSI PINS Task Team minutes of Nov. 17, 2015
12. Upcoming Events?
13. Next Meeting? / Adjourn