BIFMA FLAMMABILITY MEETING
SEPTEMBER 9, 2015
RIVERVIEW CENTER CONFERENCE ROOM
(2nd floor above BIFMA Headquarters)
678 FRONT AVE. NW
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49504
1:00 PM - OPEN MEETING
1. Introductions of members and guests – Jim Groulx of Allsteel (Chairman)
2. Antitrust Statement – Dave Panning of BIFMA
3. Review and approve previous meeting minutes from March 17, 2015 - Jim
4. Additions to/approval of the meeting Agenda - Jim
5. California TB-133 -
· Silent Spring Institute: Non-Toxic Fire Safety in Massachusetts (April 9) - Dave
· Proposed Position Paper – Fire Safety of Upholstered Furniture Products (Task Team March 30)
· Field Observations in Boston – Tom D.
· Communications with Boston – Dave P.
· Communications with California to modify / remove 133
6. California TB-117-2013 & SB-1019 Label Law -
· TB-117-2013 Transition discussion – All
· SB-1019 Industry Advisory and updated FAQ document (proposed as of early July)
· BEARHFTI Advisory Council Meeting of July 30 – Scott L.
7. California Barrier Research Project (open flame)
8. CPSC Proposal for National Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard -
· BIFMA comments submitted in June 2013.
· Letters from Senators to CPSC.
· Petition for a national smolder standard?
9. NFPA 277 Proposal for Flaming Ignition Standard for Upholstered Furniture -
· BIFMA comments submitted Dec. 23, 2013.
· Some activity.
10. ASTM E84 vs. Canadian S102
· Task Group - how to achieve mutual recognition – Jim G., Charles C., Tom D., Randy R.
· Desire to meet with Canadian officials.
11. Should BIFMA create an ANSI Furniture Flammability Standard?
· ANSI PINS Task Team minutes of May 27
12. Upcoming Events?
13. Next Meeting? / Adjourn